Black Diamond Lanes
1241 - 5th Avenue
Prince George, BC, V2L 3L3
Originally constructed in 1958, Black Diamond Lanes and its predecessor 5th Avenue Bowladrome have been offering exciting and affordable entertainment for the entire family for over half a century. We are almost finished an extensive renovation of our top floor and can't wait to unveil the new look!
Centrally located downtown at 1241 5th Avenue in Prince George, BC, we are a 2 minute walk from the Ramada hotel and approximately a 5 minute walk from the Coast Inn of the North hotel. We are also only a 2 minute walk from some of the finest dining establishments in the city. We offer 28 lanes of 5-Pin Bowling over 3 levels. We have cosmic lighting systems on the main and lower level. Please check our hours for availability.
We are a proud member of the KIDS BOWL FREE program!
Do you like FREE bowling? Black Diamond Lanes is proud to be a part of the Kids Bowl Free program. This offer begins in May, so watch for more info in the spring and sign your kids up for 2 free games of bowling every day of the summer! Coupons are sent to you each week by email. For $24.95 up to four adults in a family can get the same two free games per day with the Kids Bowl Free Family Pass program. (Not $24.95 per adult... up to four adults can sign up for a total of $24.95!) It's a great deal so sign up at www.kidsbowlfree.com/blackdiamond.
Some Interesting Facts About Bowling
Bowling Is Healthy!
- The average adult bowler burns 240 calories per hour
- 3 games of bowling = 1 mile of walking
- Bowlers use 134 muscles during a basic 4-step approach
- Bowling is a weight bearing sport which helps build strong, healthy bones
- Bowling requires mental focus and helps develop discipline
- Bowling provides an exercise option for those with physical limitations
Bowling Is A Lifetime Sport For All!
- Bowling is one of the world's oldest sports, invented over 5,000 years ago
- Bowling is popular in over 100 countries
- The rules are the same for young and old, male or female
Bowling Is Popular Among Youth!
- 10 million kids celebrate their birthday in a bowling centre each year, making bowling centres the #1 birthday party destination for kids 12 and under
- Bowling is the decade's fastest-growing North American high school sport
- For the first time in 2007-08, nearly 5,000 North American schools offered bowling programs for both boys and girls